The competition began in 1971 and attracts entrants from around world annually. Entries must have been created, produced, published, marketed, launched, screened or aired or reintroduced in the year preceding the October 1 Entry Deadline.
The 2013 Competition will be announced in the fall.
Mobius Awards presents the following awards:
In overall competition:
- First-Place Mobius Statuette
- Second-Place Certificate for Outstanding Creativity
- Student Award Certificate
- Spec Advertising Certificate
- Best of Show – Selected by a second panel of judges from among the First-Place Mobius winners in Brochure/Book, Cinema/In-flight, Direct, Integrated Campaign, Logo/Trademark (Brand Identity), New Media, Online, Outdoor/Out-of-Home, Package Design, Photography, Point-of-Purchase, Print, Radio and Television.
(Not all mediums have a Best of Show each year.) 2011 Best of Show winners came from Australia, France, Germany, Portugal, Singapore, Spain and United States
- Photographer of the Year – Selected by Lewis Blackwell of the United Kingdom, an author and editor and former executive with Getty Images.
- Cinematographer of the Year – Selected by a special judging team.
- Best Photography of Mobius - Selected from among Mobius winners by an international panel.