Judging for Mobius Awards involves international panels in a variety of countries, and, in most cases, multiple panels for a medium. Judging panels in the past have included Lisa Charlebois of Ogilvy New York, Diane Toops of Food Processing magazine in Illinois, Sander Volten of Euro RSCG 4D in Amsterdam, Guido Heffels of Heimat, Berlin, and Normand Miron of Ogilvy 2B Interactive in Montreal.
Photography winners are selected by panels headed by Lewis Blackwell, an author and editor and chief creative officer of Evolve Images. Blackwell was previously the worldwide Creative Head at Getty Images.
The following awards are presented:
- First-Place Mobius Statuette
- Second-Place Certificate for Outstanding Creativity
- Student Award Certificate
- Spec Advertising Certificate
- Best of Show – Selected by a second panel of judges from among the First-Place Mobius winners in Brochure/Book, Cinema/In-flight, Direct, Mixed Media Campaign, New Media, Online, Outdoor, Package Design, Photography Point-of-Purchase, Print, Radio and Television 2011 Best of Show winners came from Australia, France, Germany, Portugal, Singapore, Spain and United States.
- Photographer of the Year – Selected by Lewis Blackwell of the United Kingdom, an author and editor and former executive with Getty Images.
- Cinematographer of the Year – Selected by a special judging team.
- Best Photography of Mobius — Selected from among Mobius winners.
Judges are asked to look at each entry on its own merit and to select winners based on the entry’s merits, including effectiveness and creativity. This means there can be multiple First Place winners. It also means that no Best of Show is awarded in a medium if no winner in that group stands out from other winners.